Trayfoot Jen’s Twenty-Six Ways to Live Longer…Better!
- Tai Chi: The VA is prescribing Tai Chi for Vets!
- Qigong: A recent study showed that older adults who did qigong regularly reduced their health care expenses by a whopping 83.4%! Now that’s efficient health care reform.
- Swing arms for lung and heart health.
- Eat whole foods, not processed/packaged foods.
- Eliminate Sugar (sodas & flavored waters unless you flavor them yourself).
- Eliminate Grains (including grain-fed beef, chicken, corn, rice except for wild rice).
- Get Outside!
- Be yourself & be okay wth yourself! And allow others to do the same!!
- Eat organic whenever possible, but especially strawberries, root vegetables, and anything you leave skin on and eat.
- Quiet time…without electronics!
- Five servings of fruit/Vegetables or more per day, organic whenever possible.
- Use Herbs/food as medicine (first line of defense).
- Find your passion and do it!
- Find time every day to think about all you have to be grateful for.
- Walk barefoot outside (we are 3 generations away from the land).
- Learn about “weeds” as first aid (I.e., tick, snake, spider bites, stop bleeding, swelling) See Green Bandaids under Wholistically Speaking .
- Don’t just smell the roses, touch the roses! If you can’t touch them, look at pictures (Trayfoot Jen Outdoors at trayfoot.com).
- Cultivate friendships with those who add joy to your life. Let the negative thinkers go.
- Adjust your thinking! You attract what you think about, so think about what you want, not what you don’t want.
- If you are diagnosed with a disease, RESEARCH! Find out everything you can.
- YOU decide which treatment is best for YOU!
- Follow the 50/50 Rule (See article in Wholistically Speaking).
- Take high quality supplements (see below).
Bonus! Do an Elimination Diet to find which foods improve your health and which ones are detrimental to your health.
Herbal Simpling A Quick-Reference Guide/Personal Health Journal by Jennifer S Hensley,
The Book of Herbal Wisdom by Matthew Wood
No Grain! No Pain! By Dr. Peter Osborne
Peterson Field Guideto Eastern/Central Medicinal Plants by Steven Foster & Dr. James Duke
Are Your Prescriptions Killing You? by Armon B. Need, Jr., PharmD
“Wholistically Speaking” by Jennifer S Hensley, (Monthly column at trayfoot.com)
Important Note! The information in Wholistically Speaking is for educational purposes only and should not be used to diagnose and/or treat diseases. If you have a health problem, I highly recommend you consult a competent health practitioner and educate yourself before embarking on any course of treatment.